Monday 29 June 2015

Weekending - New York Wedding Edition

No comments:
 
Is it Monday already? I had such a whirlwind of a weekend I'm really glad I've taken the week off to get back into the swing of things. I'm looking forward to getting back on my regular schedule with blog posts so stay tuned!

This weekend was a combo birthday, mini-vacation and wedding of a close family friend celebration. The wedding was taking place in a smaller town about an hour outside of New York City, right on the Hudson River and about an eight hour drive from Toronto. We got there just in time for a delicious birthday dinner at the Mill House Brewing Company before joining in the rest of the pre-wedding celebrations.

It was originally going to be an outdoor ceremony but due to a torrential downpour, was relocated to a covered tent still open to the beautiful view of the river. The rain let up just enough after the ceremony to snap a few quick photos with the family.
Dress: F21 {similar}| Necklace: Sears {similar}| Shoes: Nine West {similar}
Unfortunately I didn't get many photos of the actual wedding because of the combination grey day and the fact I had forgotten my battery charger for my camera at home, oops. The groom is a chef so the food was absolutely incredible. Just the amount of food at cocktail hour was enough to fill me up for the night! The bride looked absolutely stunning, and the whole venue was seriously beautiful. It was located on the river bank just on the other side of the bridge so you can imagine the view.
Since the ceremony was in the evening, we had time to do some birthday shopping in the morning. You ladies with access to Ulta are seriously so lucky - I could kill some serious time in there! I posted a mini haul on instagram so you can check out what came home with me. I officially got my Mum on the IT Cosmetics CC Cream train so you know I had to pick up more while I was there.

After a full night of dancing the night away, I woke up Sunday morning not feeling the best. After the epic car ride home it felt amazing to get into the most incredibly soft sleep shirt (seriously, I wish Target shipped to Canada so I could buy ten of these) and head straight to bed.

What did you get up to this weekend?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment